As people nowadays become more and more engaged in the modern life full of hustle and bustle, it is harder and rarer to spare time having a cup of tea with their family. It is always a pity not to seize the opportunities to get along with our family for the daily busyness. My family, fortunately, has a custom that allows its members to get together: going on a family trip together during the summer or winter vacation.
Every year, when it comes the time of the summer or winter vacation, my family will make up a plan going on a short-term inboard travel altogether. We have carried out this tradition for ten years since my father, who always loves to add “Nothing in life beats going out and seeing the world with your own eyes.”, made a spontaneous proposal that we went out for more domestic activities. My sisters and I, though preferred staying home reading novels to being keen on the new try at first, found it more and more interesting and attractive to travel in our own country. The travel custom, in fact, has become one of the most exhilarating expectations in my life.
The trip depends on the places we would like to visit in Taiwan that year, and on how long we can spend on it. We went to Tainan, for instance, this summer for three days for its beautiful scenery, historical attractions and, never forget it, flavorful delicacies. The great canyon in Hualien we resounded our laughter; the orange-red sunset in Kaohsinug we omit our breath; the endless beach in Kenting we set our footprints....... Wherever we went, we would snap a family picture as the best memento of the trip. By the way, our recent “ambition” is to achieve a driving tour around the island.
Not only does the custom binds the family members closer, creating treasure memories through entertainment but it provokes our interest in travelling and learning new things in the world, broadening our horizon in life. Most of all, it makes me rethink what family, which I tend to take for granted before, means to me and value it much more.
I envy you!!! My family and I seldom go on a trip together because my parents are busy, even in summer and winter vacation. We can only go on an one-day tour but the place won't be too far from Taipei. I remembered we went to 九份 two months ago, I loved 芋圓 very much! Have you been there?
ReplyDeleteI thought travel together can really binds the family members closer. I would tell my mom this idea too! Haha! And I would also like to explore more places in Taiwan.
Hope you will have more and more memorable trips with your family in the future!!