Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Observation of College Life

     Diving into the second year of college life as a transfer student, I find myself seemingly hexed back into a novice in mystery. As a newcomer to National Chung Hsing University, it is interesting for me to masticate the confusing combination of novelty and familiarity meanwhile. Everything gets worthy of exploring as I renew my vision of college life in Chung Hsing─ the campus, courses, friends and activities, etc. For me, the most catching part is the versatility of activities and variety of student composition here.
     Broadly speaking, most of us will agree that loads of heavy assignment and stressful studying are the two essentials of undergraduates’ lives. However, the plenty of extracurricular activities─ no matter it is relaxing entertainment from clubs or cohesion-drawing chorus contest between departments─ show the diversity of NCHU environment and the flexibility of its students.
     The multicultural background of student hybrid, students with exotic customs from around the world, also reveals NCHU as an academic republic of mosaic culture. It is always a pleasure to meet people from different countries, exchanging experience and provoking cultural reflection that cannot be gained from textbooks. The two lovely girls with passion to life from China I met recently have proven my point of view.
     The fledgling life in NCHU is filled with uncertainty and possibility. And I think I am getting to love it.





1 comment:

  1. I agree with "It is always a pleasure to meet people from different countries, exchanging experience and provoking cultural reflection that cannot be gained from textbooks."
    I met two korean here and we even ate dinner together last week. That was a really cool experience!Actually I am a fan of Super Junior and Bigbang. I love KPOP stars but I haven't talked to Korean before! It was an amazing feeling as if I were in the korean drama or somewhere!!

    I am a freshman of 中興 and I think I am getting to love this school,too~~

    ReplyDelete